Friday, July 6, 2012

Onigiri, Rakuten, and general kimono News

Alright I am beginning a sort of self Bento challenge, see every year my lunches start out as a whole sandwich and some fruits... But by the end of the year I end up eating just fruit and not much at that! So this year my resolve is to start making real bentos... I do have three bento boxes so I'm set on that, but I don't have that many things I can make and bring to lunch... I am a person who cannot stand to eat the same thing more then twice... unless its fruit...

So today i began my testing phase of sorts. I desided to begin by making onigiri. heres how they turned out.

Not bad looking right? for now they are plain but i plan on trying out diffrent fillings... though i have to be careful that i fell it with something that isn't greasy because i will probibly be making them weekly... Like say make three on sunday, and stash  them in the fridge and eat them through out the week..

But if the filling is greasy then it will surly come apart... right now my list of fillings to try just to try include:
-Avacodo
-tuna+mayo
-salmon
-egg
-hotdog

The avacodo will probably keep the best but i think hot dog can work well too...
I already plan on making rolled omlets to pack in too... so i probably won't use egg as a filling once school starts.

Currently i will look for otherthings i can stuff in a Bento... if anyone has a sugestion, post a comment please (i don't expect much just so you know)


xXx



Alright Next is my Rakuten bit, which won't take long because i don't have much to say at the moment. Today i bought a pair of black and blue (or so it said... could barely see the blue) Zori for a grand total of 700 yen which totals to just over $8. This is my first buy ever from Rakuten and due to the fact that the Zori were so cheep (they mentioned imperfections but hey... how bad can it be? and besides my feet will cover most of the top.) i am curiouse as to how it will end... I hope my first Rakuten expirience ends well and without isues because well, it has lots and lots of pretty things that are much easier to get off of there then say off of eBay... like zori, i saw a good number that was discounted.



xXx



Finally i have a general kimono news i would like to share. I have offically desided to wear Kimono to my senior prom. Soon i will be starting my last year of high school.. and truthfully i was quite undesided as to if i would go western dress so as not to stand out or to wear kimono and be able to rewear the dress and the memories. well i desided "i only go to senior prom once, why not make it memoriable."

Now see i did some "scouting" ( i guess you can call it) a few months ago and whent to prom as an 11th grader. that was a big part of my desision, i didn't dance much, i mostly sat and talked and i saw a girl wearing a sari which kinda made me wish i had worn kimono (never mind that she was indian in ethnisity and i am so totaly lily white...) either way i found myself wishing i had done it last year.

Now as for what i have desided upon for the moment all i have in the desired color departments are Black or bold... or maybe both? Also i want to wear a Houmongi or Tsukesage, not a furisode, i can't aford to think of my sleves in that sort of enviroment, and i think i'll probably wear a Tsuke Obi (I don't even want to think about my obi sagging pitifully.

so for now my list includes:
1 kimono
1 obi
1 obiage
1 obijime
1 pair of zori
1 matching clutch bag
hair accesories

Now the other thing to consider is the time of year, Last year prom happened in may... so i'll probably need a Hitoe kimono...
and the paterns i can wear are:
-butterflies
-wisteria
-azalea
-iris
-butterflies
-carp
-fawn
-peony
-paulownia
-willow
-thistle
-carp
I almost couldn't find this list becaus ethe website seems to be down at the moment... Luckly i had copied and pasted the list into a post on my old blog... I will repost the lift just to be helpful.

Well thats all for now, look for my posing of the Seasonal motifs which will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment