Friday, June 8, 2012

Cosplay

Ok so i've been wanting to do some sort of cosplay, or more acurately have some one to cosplay as, for a while now. I like many a cosplayer have a school girl uniform and a few other choice items... But since i have rediscovered kimono in full i really realised how much of my cosplay was Wa-loli in my colection any who. 

So this cosplay i will come up with will also be kimono oriented. I wracked my brains for a suitable charecter that i could play as and for the longest time i could thing of none... see when i cosplay i like a) generic (like the school girl uniform) or b) some one i can do without too much work on me or my hair... So in other words anything that needs a wig is out... I was shopping with my mom the other day when i came up with the perfect cosplay for me.

The charecter i am cosplaying as is called Zakuro. the manga/anime is called Otome Youkai Zakuro.
Zakuro is a good match for me because she has dark hair, wears kimono, and has bangs...
here is a few pics of Zakuro and her fox girl friends:




SO aside from the Furisode length sleeves ( i am not getting a pink furisode) i will do my best to follow the cosplay.

So i will need:
1: a set of black or dark brown fox/cat ears, clip on preferable.
2. a pink (preferably vintage) kimono
3. a white ruffled wrap around apron
4. purple obi
5. red date eri
6. some large pink hair bows
7. lace and ribbon to atach to my juban
8. a belt with a white/silver buckle thing with black belt
9. darker pink obiage

and in the undesided range:
10. a branch with pink blossoms all over.


i will need  to buy the kimono, obi, and a few other choice bits like the lace... but otherwise i can make a good deal... such as the apron, date eri, the hair bows, and i am trying to make the ears...

now where will i wear this you all are probably asking... well I plan on wearing it to Ikki-con which is from december 28-30th. so thats almost six months to make this baby work and to get the perfect stuff. this should be a fun cosplay!

No comments:

Post a Comment