Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bunny Kimono!

Ok so as the day of arival gets closer and closer i find myself planning! I want to wear this yukata to an oragami exibit held at the Lady Bird Johnson Wild flower center. Lucky for me i have a pink Hanhaba obi that should fit quite well! But i don't want to do a normal Bunko Musubi or anything similar i wanted something i could mix things up with.

so i'm gonna try this Tsunodashi style Musubi adapted for a Hanhaba obi. ^^ or thats how its labled on Imortal Geisha any way... it looks more like an Otaiko musubi...
well here is the link:
http://yukatalism.com/html/sp_kituke_12.php

also i will be doing the version that uses an obiage and obijime... or thats what they seem to be doing the translated version calls it Deep-fried and seems to refer to the fabric as Dough...
http://yukatalism.com/html/sp_kituke_13.php

I will probably try for a Kimono Hime Look... if only a little bit. I will be going with a half up and half down hair style, i recently got an easy doughnut bun maker that makes a cute if not slightly messy doughnut shaped bun... it works flawlessly with half of my hair... all of my hair is a diffrent story though! XD now all i need to do is make sure i have a purple hair flower accesory!
meh i just had to rant a little.

ah but here is a pic of what i bought just in case you're woundering!

This pic is dirrectly from Yukata Kimono Market Sakura and does not belong to me in any way but my isn't my new yukata cute? Yukata Kimono Market Sakura carries tons of cute and beautiful kimono... though the obi story is lacking...

Ok well overall obi arn't nearly as easy to find as cute kimono... when i one day go to japan i will buy kimono... but i think i'll have to stock up on Obi, obiage, and obijime... aka: buy 2-3 kimono and like 10 obi, 15-20 obijime, and 12-16 obiage. Oh and maybe i'll buy some obidome... though my friend is looking into an "instant Obidome" thing... it would help with all of my broaches...

ok rant done. i'll end this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment