Friday, April 6, 2012

My early easter kitsuke.

SO as i said last time i got me some hakama! So i broak out my synthetic Kimono that has some lovley styalised sakura on branches all over it. this was actuly my first kimono and is a bit of a pain to put on because it is just so dang slipery! The hanhaba i wore with it actuly came in a set i got from Yukata Kimono market sakura. so all in all its all synthetic. My boots which seem to be a hit on Immortal Geisha already are a great find i had on Overstock.com. They were origanly $200 but at 90% off were right at $20... wich is why i got them. They have a nice big chunky heel.


ok and so... pictures!





Ah it was lots of fun... but alas i probibly have only one more Awase kitsuke in me anyway... the season is almost over to begin with but its already getting to the 80 F range or around 27 C.

alas i also have no Ro or Hitoe kimono because i started my collection is August last year... all i have is 1 yukata... and so, being a kimono loveing texan... after i get my Ko-furisode i will begin to work up my collection of summer garments... its neccisary because by july there will be 100F+ (38C+) weather and if i even tried to wear Awase outside the house i would probibly overheat quickly and pass out...( not kidding)

So far this is the one thing i hate about texas... though i will probibly stay here if given the choice... maybe one day i will move a tad more north.... like to dallas or forthworth... i hear they have a gorgeouse japanese garden.... oh well. this is enough ranting for now. wish me luck on my kimono goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment