Saturday, January 14, 2012

wow...


i just realized that it has been five months since i refell inlove with kimono.... in commemoration i think i should post a pic from my early days before i knew how wrong i was andmy first real kimono...

Left: a hakama furi inspired outfit you cannot see em but i have some nice rideing style boots that i plan to use when i have a real set of women's hakama this pic is over a year old now
Right: me in a homemade kimono based costume poseing next to an unknown catgirl... who is also not wearing a real kimono... sigh... this picture is about two years old...

why do some of my pics end up sideways.... -.-


sideways pic of doom: My first real kimono, a Yukata with Peony and.... daffodils and some other asorted flowers. its a lovely yukata.



Meh. in other news i think i'm going to make some new stuff... mainly i will atempt to make a makura pillow... i think i can make something of the right size and consistencey if i use some news paper.... i want to be able to dress up some of my friends oneday and if i wana do that i either have to get yukata or... i need to make some sub items for them/me to use...

I still need to check out the restraunt Origami... i hear it is cool with semi tradittional decor... my friend (she loves asian culture as well and is going to be a forein exchange student in south Korea) loves it there... they have low tables on a raised up platform because there is a hole under the table for the comfort of the non-japanese... lols i'm still trying to figure out a way i could sit at one of such tables in a kimono... I think if i want to acomplish such a feat it would take some kneeling, a lot of arm and hand help, and some twisting.... i could do it... >.> maybe.

perhapse i will wear my red kimono to this place...
Hah... Its Mid january in texas and its not very cold... perfect for wearing kimon though, its a lovely 50+ F weather right now so if the wind dosn't blow too much it could be quite comfy in kimono.

in just a few weeks i will have my new kimono... i am very excited but i have changed my mind on the obi color... instead of the high contrast blue i will probibly go for a grass green color (real green... not the color of the dead grass that is texas right now) as for the accesories... maybe a yellow.... or maybe something in the cream color area.... oh well untill i find my obi i cannot choose accesories...
Well thats alli have to talk about... (i post offten about what ever right? i don't have a lot of people would would listen to me ramble like this so i find it works great to ramble on a blog)

Bye bye... for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment