Saturday, March 3, 2012

outfit planning!

K in my last post/ Rant (of sorts) I said that i would be going to the japanese garden in my local area! well i will the date is just undesided, as it is with kimono you have to be carful of the weather, more so here in america (because there are no profesional kimono cleaners in site) so its lucky i live in texas.... dry and hot! Thats Texas...


Um so back on topic, i'm sure you all are woundering what i will wear well here it is! though this is just to check....
the moment i set those boots beside everything else i KNEW that i needed brown boots, light to medium brown for the best look... i need to get some because i have none at the moment.

So just for background purposes. The kimono is my newest tulip baby but since its all red i figure a little late is ok. the obi is a Tsuke Obi and much warmer then my winter bridge tsuke obi which on a side note is from the same person. It came in the mail two days ago and i am very happy with this purchase... I now have 7 obi (soon to be 8) 5 kimono(one has no obi officaly) 10 michiyuki, 3 obijime, 4 obiage (ok i admit some are scarfs), and i love them all so over all my collection has 29 peices at the moment. wow i sound kimono rich this way...

wow i got compleatly side tracked... The obiage is a green scarf i will be useing in place of an obiage... and the obijime is a handmade cord useing Kumihimo which some of you may recall the fact that i desided to try it out... years of finger weaving and such has given me patenience in this area...

So yeah i don't know exactly when i will make my debute (my first public kimono wearing which this will be it) but it should be in 2-4 weeks. except for the boots  realy like how this looks, very springy and fresh and almost a little mellow, makes me think of a flower...


No comments:

Post a Comment